Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Cedar Street Cheeserie


I make cheese in a traditional way; fresh cheese from pure and unadulterated fresh milk by hand. My choice of milk is buffalo milk from the Mal & Margaret Thompson's dairy in Witta just 5 minutes down the road from my micro cheeserie in Maleny.

I make fresh Buffalo Mozzarella, A Love Supreme (a provincial style fresh cheese), Feta & Yoghurt. Buffalo cheeses have many great qualities but its greatest is its uniquely creamy taste.

The making of cheese is measured in millenia.As a way of preserving milk to stave off hunger in the winter months originally, it has risen to become a food artform.

I sell my cheeses directly to the public at farmer's markets in Brisbane, Noosa & Maleny. This year I have been selected to strut my wares at the Noosa Food and Wine Festival. More on that later.

The ABC recently visited me. I thought it was to be a radio bit but they brought along a camera and shot me making and talking about Mozzarella di Bufala.  To see me in action follow the link below. You'll have to copy and paste it to get a look.

http://www.abc.net.au/sunshine/photos_videos/?ref=nav#feature

1 comment:

  1. hello there, we have been searching for mozzarella di bufala for sometime now here in Queensland. My husband is Italian so we are very familiar with mozzarella. Do you have a shop we can visit to purchase your mozzarella. We were told by the tourist office in Maleny that you have a shop where you make your mozzarella. Your response is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete